It’s said that the only person who likes change is a baby. At Muskoka Bible Centre & Camp Widjiitiwin we believe that, as we set our sights on our 2020 vision, we needed update our organizational structure to be ready for more ministry opportunities. The new changes will be effective February 1, 2018.
Moose will be on the Leadership Team at MBC with the position of Director: MBC Retreats & Camp Widjiitiwin. MBC Retreats include Women of Grace Retreats, Men’s Breakaway, Couples Getaway and Family Fusion. Plus he will work with Anne Shelton on a new marketing strategy and process. At Widji Moose will be the General Director. Moose’s time at Widji will be approximately one third of his overall job. He will continue to be responsible for our Ignite partnerships, visioning, yearly tactical plan, camp pastors, donations, marketing, Widji blog, budgeting and foodservice.
Heyoo will be the Camp Widjiitiwin Director. He will continue with the daily running of camp that he started in 2017 when Moose went on sick leave. He will have responsibility for daily summer operations and program, staff hiring & supervision, program oversight, maintenance, SALT, Aspire, social media, graphic design, brochures and website. Shared responsibilities will include capital projects.
- We are adding a Ministry Director position and we are happy to tell you that Sad Sac will fill this position.
- The chief cabin leaders will move to the boy’s/girl’s ends so that they are closer to the campers and cabin leaders.
- There will be both junior and senior cabin leaders
- Our summer staff pay system has been increased a little and will include experience and certification as merit for more pay.
- Based on last year’s success, SALT 2 continues to have an arts focus