Recipes we use at camp and some from Moose’s family cookbook, “That Tastes Like Home“. Today’s recipe: Broccoli Salad, originally from our friend Annie.
- 2 heads broccoli, raw, cut up small
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 6 slices of bacon
- Mix, then add to the above
- 1 cup mayonnaise (real)
- 1/2 cup savory tomato or hamburger relish
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- Just before serving add 6 cooked bacon slices, in pieces
Notes: we usually double up this recipe and bring it for parties, family get togethers or church functions.