Who encourages you? I got this note on a day I needed it.
Good morning brother – hope and trust you have a wonderful day. Just pausing to pray for you ministry, family, and Widji. Blessings, Michael
Last night my small group wrote encouragement notes to each other. I read my card this morning and was both encouraged and humbled.
We wrote those after watching the North Point Church Life Apps series that included The Encouragement App by Jeff Henderson at. I have copied my notes below.
- Did you know, the ratio of encouragement to criticism in conversations is 1:6
- That explains why so many workplaces are toxic. They follow the conversation. Same for marriages, friendships, church, etc.
- The full video is here: www.rightnow.org/Content/Series/562#6
- Inner circle – family, friends,
- Influence circle – work, neighbourhood, church
- Life circle – people we bump in to, widows, single parents, waitstaff, store clerks, etc.
- Many people suffer from insecurity and self doubt. They don’t feel good enough about themselves to let you feel good about yourself.
- Men: do I have what it takes? World says, no you don’t.
- Women: does he notice name, who I am, am I special, what I’m doing… Same for our daughters!!
- I believe in you. I’m praying for you. You can do this!
- Encouragement is critical! The bottom line suffers when the work conversations are 1:6
- Ask: how are you doing twice as much as what are you doing?
- Encouragement is like spinach to Popeye the Sailor Man.
- Encouragement is never small when you’re on the receiving end of it.
- Life is so busy we don’t see this. Unfortunately we get this right at funerals. Give Roses of encouragement
What is my encouragement ratio? I have no idea, but I’m going to be focusing on it this week!
What is YOUR encouragement ratio?