There are a number of ways you can be involved in the ministry at Camp Widjiitiwin. God has entrusted to each of us gifts, talents and abilities that He wants us to use for the Kingdom. Below you will find some ways you can assist us at camp, but if you have more ideas please contact Mike Greenfield. Thanks for your participation!!
- For campers – registration numbers and life changes
- For summer staff – that we’ll have the right staff for 2015; we can connect you with specific staff requests if you would like
- For summer camp pastors
- For safety in programs and activities
- For the Director – Mike Greenfield
- For the summer leadership team (Assistant Director, Waterfront Director, Co-Program Directors, SALT Director and the Chief Cabin Leaders)
Ways to Give (Gifts in Kind,Time, Financial Donations)
- Make sure all gifts for Camp Widjiitiwin are clearly marked for camp.
- Online donation through Canada Helps secure site and designate your gift to Camp Widjiitiwin. You can even set it up for regular or monthly giving.
- Cheques or money orders may be sent to Camp Widjiitiwin, Box 10020, Huntsville, ON P1H 2K1.
- Cash can be donated through the MBC office.
- Canadian Tire $ can be mailed to camp or dropped off in the jar in the Bookstore at MBC. Canadian Tire money will be used mostly to purchase sports equipment and some tools.
People and places to give to:
- Adopt a cabin for $250 and you will be providing for their cleaning supplies, a new smoke detector, a working fire extinguisher, a fan, a weekly special treat (i.e.: pizza party or ice cream social), etc.
- Camper sponsorships can be in any amount.
- Camp fees range from $499 for TNT to $1365 for SALT.
- Monthly that works out to just $39.00 to send a TNT camper to camp for a week, $41.58 for a Blast or Sizzle camper and $108.25 for a SALTer.
- Pay for a summer staff’s honorarium, which range from $500 for a first year summer staff up to $2,500 for a senior summer staff.
We are primarily looking for new items to ensure quality, but if you have gently used items in great condition we would appreciate those as well. Items we are looking for include, but are not limited to:
- Laptop for worship/chapel
- Canoes or kayaks
- Plants/scrubs for landscaping
- Tents for SALT (2 x 3 6-person tents)
- Dressers for cabins – 8-9 needed
- Digital cameras for photography
- Generator – 6500 watts for water and septic
- Generator – 12 KW for Longhouse
- Theme props for 2015 (2015 themes: Space Camp, Destination: Egypt, Cartoons & Comics and Pirates vs. Ninjas)
Work Weekends (Time to Help)
On June 12-14, 2015 we have a work weekend planned for staff, families, friends & alumni. If you want to attend and assist or need more information, please contact me, Mike Greenfield at 1-800-551-0168 or by email at email@example.com.