1. Add the following email addresses to your approved senders or email white list: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and IWantToWork@mycamp.ca.
2. As part of the application process you are required to add Mike Greenfield & Josh Laverty as friends on Facebook. There is a section in the application for you to list all your social media links. Blogs must be open it up to us for review. If you are hired for a summer staff position, you must keep your Facebook, Instagram, blog, Twitter and other social media open to the camp director (or designate) for the duration of the summer. Failure to do so will be cause for an employment review and/or dismissal. You can find Mike at www.facebook.com/MikeDGreenfield and Josh at www.facebook.com/josh.b.laverty.
3. Read the 2018 Summer Handbook (coming soon) for Camp Widjiitiwin. This includes information relating to policies, rules, and key information including room & board and pay.
4. Follow the link to the Camp Widjiitiwin 2018 Summer Staff Job Descriptions to find positions that interest you and that you are qualified for.
5. Read the Camp Widjiitiwin statement of faith. All summer staff must behave in compliance with this statement! Click here for the Camp Widjiitiwin Statement of Faith.
6. Click the link at the bottom of the page and follow the instructions. The complete application process is online (sorry, you cannot simply print off the application and mail it in). Once starting the application you will be registered in the database. Once you’ve logged in the first time, your application can be saved each time you make changes – so you don’t have to do it all in one sitting.
7. As part of the application process, you will be required to submit 3 references (a pastor or youth pastor, a youth leader/teacher/coach and an adult family friend). Returning staff only require two references (a pastor or youth pastor and one more adult reference) to update our information on what you have been up to during the year. For these references, a valid email address is required with each reference given.
8. Once your application is submitted and received you will receive an email from the camp director to set up an interview time. Interviews will start in January. The interview will take approximately thirty to forty minutes. Phone interviews can be after school most days and we will be conducting interviews on some Saturdays and occasional evenings. In-person interviews will be arranged for some positions or if you live close enough to drive to camp in a short time.
9. If you are accepted for a staff position, you’ll receive an email with a link to download and sign the final contract that will be sent from the email address email@example.com.
10. The Process: The application process opens early in December. Interviews will begin early in January and continue as applications are received. Hiring decisions will be made on an on-going basis, beginning the middle of February. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.