Camp Widjiitiwin is a safe place for people of all walks and beliefs and for us, this comes out of the love of Jesus Christ demonstrated to us in his sacrifice on the cross. Below is a formal statement of the scriptural basis for this love, and where we get it from, any formal teaching to take place at Widjiitiwin follows these guidelines.
Hearing about Jesus can be a confusing thing, so we’ve laid out some information below to help people understand.
- God loves the world (John 3:16), specifically the people of the world.
- People have had a falling out with God, this happened when Adam and Eve sinned (rebelled against God’s instructions) in the garden of Eden. Since all people came from Adam and Eve, we have inherited the debt accrued at that time, as is evidenced by our disobedience today (Nobody’s perfect, not even me! LOL). (Romans 3:23)
- God in his great love sent his son as the payment of that debt. (1 John 2:2)
- We are freely justified (set apart) by Jesus sacrifice when he died on the cross (Romans 3:24)
- Anyone who believes in Jesus, accepting his payment for their sin, will not perish but have eternal life in community with God. (John 3:16)
So you see anyone can be set free from any sin, and enter into a healthy relationship with the God who loves you. Nobody is perfect, but with Christ comes freedom from those things in your life that everyone knows deep down are wrong. They cannot master you anymore because Jesus’ death wasn’t the end of the story; He rose again. As the perfect man, and God that he is, death had no claim on him. Jesus rose from the grave, as a “first-fruits” meaning he goes first, which means that his promise of eternal life for those that follow him is demonstrated in him first.
There’s an old saying: You always follow your leader, no matter where they go. Jesus has promised eternal life, it’s for you and for anyone that is willing to follow him. So the question is: Where are you going?
If you’d like to commit your life to following Jesus, then below is a prayer to help guide you in that decision:
“Dear God, I know that I am a sinner, who I am cannot measure up to your standard. Thank you that you have paid the price for my sin, and offer forgiveness and a new life with you. Give me that life, set me free. I choose now to follow you, now and forever more. In Jesus name, Amen.”
If you have prayed that prayer, and believe in your heart that it is true, then the next step is to let someone know! A new life of freedom is ahead of you, why not let us know, or someone close to you? We want to help you to grow in your knowledge of what this new life is, and to know more about God and His love for you.
For some handy study guides: