Recipes we use at camp and some from Moose’s family cookbook, “That Tastes Like Home”. Today’s recipe: Apple Fritters
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup apples, finely chopped, unpeeled
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups self-rising flour *(see below)
- Hot oil for frying
- Sifted confectioners’ sugar (or cinnamon & icing sugar blend)
- Beat egg and mix in sugar.
- Slowly stir in milk and orange juice.
- Stir in apple, vanilla and flour.
- Drop mixture by teaspoons into hot oil. Fry until brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Drain in colander or on paper towels.
- Dust with confectioners’ sugar.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt