Day of Prayer for Camp is a day where all of our campers, staff and family are called to be in prayer for camp, and not just Widjiitiwin, but partnering with people across Ontario in praying for summer camps in general
When is it?
March 30th, 2021, any time of the day
Why Do it?
God’s word includes many calls to prayer ie.
Philippians 4:6-7 ESV
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
In light of societal events in 2020 with the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic and the compounding concerns over mental-health and the state of church for youth, there is undoubtedly a need for prayer. Camp Widjiitiwin works with communities year-round and specifically with youth, revealing to us an urgent need for God’s intervention.
We hear stories from our partners about…
- The difficulties of being both “black and blue” as police officers of colour are treated as being stuck between a rock and a hard place.
- Campers who have difficult home circumstances they cannot escape from
- Families in need of work or support
- Suicide ideation among children as young as 9 years old
- Children with technology fatigue, struggling with their academic pursuits
- Limited opportunity for parents to further their own healthy adult relationships
Praying with us will encourage yourself and others, changing how we pray, with the knowledge that we are part of something larger than ourselves, reminding us that God is bigger than anything that comes against us.
Isn’t there another day of prayer for camps out there?
Yes, there is a day of prayer, Nationally, every year on May 30th. The circumstances in Ontario lead us to believe that significant decisions will be made by many camps before May 30th. We have been in conversation with the organizers and they happily endorse this additional day of prayer and are cooperating with us.
How do we participate?
Glad you asked! Here are some ways to participate:
- Set aside a specific time, book yourself for prayer, say 30 minutes or so to meditate on God’s word and how it applies to camp and to pray
- Post or share one of our posts on social media that you’re praying with the hashtags #dayofprayerforcamp2021 #prayforcamp
- Submit a prayer request – Email, DM get a hold of us by phone if you like and we will pray for you! (These are not shared with the public)
- Join the Facebook event here
What do we pray for?
Thank you for praying with us at this time. Please consider how you can be a part of ensuring Widjiitiwin is a part of the futures of campers and families by making a financial contribution to the Muskoka Bible Foundation.