There are a number of ways you can be involved in the ministry at Camp Widjiitiwin. God has entrusted to each of us gifts, talents, and abilities that He wants us to use for the Kingdom. Below you will find some ways you can assist us at camp, but if you have more ideas please contact Mike Greenfield. Thanks for your participation!!
- For campers – registration numbers and life changes
- For summer staff – that we’ll have the right staff for 2017
- For summer camp pastors
- For safety in programs and activities
- For the Directors – Mike Greenfield & Josh Laverty
- For the summer leadership team
- For donations to meet our ministry needs. This year we need $205,000
Ways to Give (Gifts in Kind, Time, Financial Donations)
- Donate Online through Muskoka Bible Foundation secure site and designate your gift to Camp Widjiitiwin. You can even set it up for regular or monthly giving.
- Cheques or money orders may be sent to Camp Widjiitiwin, 8 Pioneer Avenue, Huntsville, P1H 2J3.
- Cash can be donated through the MBC office, please make sure it is clearly marked for Camp Widjiitiwin.
- Canadian Tire $ can be mailed to camp or dropped off in the jar in the Bookstore at MBC. Canadian Tire money will be used mostly to purchase sports equipment and some tools.
People and places to give to:
- Adopt a cabin for $250 and you will be providing for their cleaning supplies, a new smoke detector, a working fire extinguisher, a fan, a weekly special treat (i.e.: pizza party or ice cream social), etc.
- Camper sponsorships can be in any amount.
- Camp fees range from $560 for TNT to $2000 for SALT.
- Monthly, Committing to give monthly helps with planning and ease of mind
- Pay for a summer staff’s honorarium, which range from $600 for a first year summer staff up to $2,500 for a summer leadership staff.
We are primarily looking for new items to ensure quality, but if you have gently used items in great condition we would appreciate those as well. Items we are looking for include, but are not limited to:
- Theme props/costumes (any time period)
- Canoes in good condition, paddles
- Plants/scrubs for landscaping
- Tents for SALT (2 – 3 season, 4-person tents)
- Dressers for cabins – 7 needed
- Craft supplies
- Tools, hammers, paint brushes, rollers etc…
- Sports equipment
- Gift cards
- Generator – 6500 watts for water and septic
- Generator – 12 KW for Longhouse
- Lumber for building projects
Work Weekends (Time to Help)
We have a work weekends planned for staff, families, friends & alumni. If you want to attend and assist or need more information, please contact me, Mike Greenfield at 705-789-0123, ext. 260 or by email at email@example.com.