Moms are a very important person in our lives. Show your mom appreciation & honour this Mothers Day. Exodus 20:12 says, “Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you.”
Here are a few ways you can honour your mom this mother’s day.
- First, remember to call her on the day, which for 2021 is Sunday, May 9th.
- About a week before buy, write and send her a card in the mail. Yes, snail mail. She will love it. Home made cards are also a bonus.
- Make her a special meal or take her out for dinner.
- Be good and don’t bother her during the day.
- Give a bouquet. Bringing a lush Mother’s Day bouquet beautifully arranged in a vase adds to the sweetness of the day.
- Add to her garden. Give her a new flower, plant, or tree to add to her garden.
- Create an herb garden.
- Book her a spa day.
- Design a photo collage.
- Write a heartfelt thank you.
- Time with family. This is a big one for my wife.
- A Day Free Of Duty. Our wives and moms handle a million details every day.
- To Be Pampered.
- To Do Something New.
- Acknowledgment of what she does for us every day.
- Treat Mom to Breakfast in Bed. Get Mother’s Day started right with chocolate for breakfast.
- Finish Her To-do List.
- Recreate Her Favorite Meal.
- Mother’s Day Dessert.
- Help her relax with an At-Home Spa.
- A gift from the Heart.
One note for Dads. If your kids are young, you will need to help them with these ideas for Mothers Day. Saying, “she’s not my mother” will only get you in trouble. Likely lots of trouble. Trust me on this one. I have had that experience.