We also have a name now for the partnership ministry – IGNITE. We needed something to build a brand around so we can clearly express the objectives of the program to potential partners and donors. The campers will typically just know Camp Widjiitiwin.
- Ignite a desire to change their status quo, to break the cycle of poverty, or poor education or abuse or drugs or alcohol, or whatever their situation is, to be a better version of themselves, to…
- Ignite a spark for the love of God
- Ignite a passion for helping others, serving,
A strike anywhere match has two chemical components that come together to produce the flame. It brings two things together to produce change.
- Camp Widjiitiwin and our partners
- The camper community and camp
- Heaven & earth
- Communities and churches/ministries
- See how a small spark can ignite a great forest fire. James 3:5b
- The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. John 1:5 ESV
- Toronto Police 42 Division in Toronto
- Hughson Street Baptist Church in Hamilton
- Church of the City in Guelph
- Capstone Community Bible Church in Etobicoke
- Ephraim’s Place in North York
Relationships have always been at the heart of the success of Christian camping ministry and that is what most campers talk about when they get home – the friends they made. That, plus the FUN, games, food, campfires, activities and of course the Tuck Shop.
See also these additional blog posts: