“Mark This Spot!” is a new phrase my wife and I have started using (okay, mostly me). It currently relates to places where I make my wife really laugh out loud. Not just a grin for a dad joke or a sigh at some comment I have made, but really laugh. Since I started this there are a lot more spots she has laughed. Usually with me.
It got me thinking about other spots that I have marked.
- Past job locations (five camps, CP Moving Systems and CCI/Canada)
- Places we have lived (Toronto, Muskoka Woods, Rosseau and Utterson/Port Sydney)
- Schools we have attended (grade schools, high schools, OBC)
- Vacation destinations (camping trips, family vacations, Sedona & the Grand Canyon, a Caribbean cruise, smokey mountains, Tennessee, Myrtle Beach, plus many more)
- Hikes we have done in Algonquin Park (10 so far)
- Life events like our engagement (on the steps of a church in Curries) and wedding, the births of our girls and grand-kids, school graduations, weddings, etc.
- Places of significant happenings in our lives. One of these for me is the place in the hall of Camp Ambassador where I gave my life to Christ.
- And a few health issues like my sick leave for post concussion syndrome.
- I still struggle to drive by the spot where I rode my truck 60 feet down an embankment on my way to work. I still slow down almost 9 years after the accident.
What are the places or happenings in your life that might make you say, “Mark This Spot!“.