Widjiitiwin continues to build meaningful relationships with our Ignite program partners, and we will again be welcoming groups for 5 of our summer weeks. In the ten years of the Ignite program we have hosted 1758 campers and it all started with 30 campers from Malvern!
Summer at Widjiitiwin is taking shape! It’s early May and we have all but our head cook positions filled. The leadership team is made up of some new and returning staff which will create a solid back bone for summer program, while enjoying the energy and ideas that new staff bring with them.
New for 2019
- SALT for teens (14-17) is now a 4-week program for one session in July. 4 weeks allows us to pack in more content including a more diverse selection of skills and experiences. SALTers will have access to elective focus programming, will engage in a worship project of their own design and have a differentiated learning outcome. Click here for more details.
- New activities include a 3D archery range and CNC laser etching craft
- Focus activities; campers will have time slots in their schedule to choose an activity to focus on over several days allowing them to go deeper in progression and explore new options.
Our five Ignite partnership camps are growing strong and are more than half our summer campers. This year we anticipate up to 320 campers to attend. Pray for us as we work with kids and youth from at risk and marginalized communities.
- Fresh Air Camp, in partnership with Toronto Police, 42 Division with PC Mark Gray in its 11th summer, expecting 50-60 campers. Dwayne (Joose) Francois is our camp pastor.
- Escape Camp, our partnership week with Hughson Street Baptist Church in Hamilton, in its 8th summer, expecting 60-70 campers. The team from Hughson Street (Diana, Derek and others) will provide ministry & Bible teaching.
- Royal City Camp now in its 7th year expecting 60 campers from Church of the City in Guelph. Spencer (Yankee) Adams is the leader and camp pastor.
- Venture Camp in its 5th year expecting 80 campers through Capstone Community Bible Church. Rob (Sad Sac) Cripps and Andrew (Nemo) Ironside teach the Word and lead the campers with us.
- Ephraim’s Place Camp, our partnership with Ephraim’s Place in North York, in its 4th year, expecting 50-60 campers. Kesavan Balasingham from Rouge Park Fellowship Church is our camp pastor.
It’s Back to Widjiitiwin this summer as campers will TIME TRAVEL to various adventures in the past and future. We’re excited by the possibilities of time travel and where each week and each day can go. Maybe we’ll travel back to the 1800’s, visit ancient Rome or maybe into the future, the possibilities are endless! What if we could solve the mystery of the theft of the famous Bruno Lisa painting?
Serving Him together,
Mike (Moose) Greenfield Josh (Heyoo) Laverty
General Director Director
Camp Widjiitiwin Camp Widjiitiwin
Ambassadors for Christ to children and youth