After an amazing week at Widjiitiwin, it’s likely that your camper will be bursting to the seams with fun stories, great songs, and wishes to return to camp ASAP.
The drive home from camp can be a perfect time to reconnect with your child after a week apart. If your child isn’t sleeping on the way home, here are some great intentional questions to ask.
- What was your favourite camp song? Can you sing it for me?
- What would you be most excited for if you went back next year?
- What was the best thing about your cabin leaders?
- What was your favourite food?
- What did you learn about God and Jesus?
- Tell me something you did for the first time.
- What was the best part of the week?
- What were some of the fun games you learned?
- What was your favorite activity at camp?
- Who is your best friend at camp? Did you meet someone new?
- Do you have any goals for the summer? Is there something you want to achieve that you haven’t been able to do yet?
- Tell me about the camp pastor.
- Did you hear any chapel talks that were meaningful to you?
- What was the biggest challenge for you?
- What was the funniest thing someone did?
- What did you learn at camp that will make a difference in your life?
- Is there anything about camp that you didn’t like, or that made you anxious?
- Do you want to go back next year?
We’re hoping that we’ve done our jobs well and that the answer will be “YES!” to number 18. If it isn’t, please contact us on how we could have improved the Widjiitiwin experience; we’re always looking for ways to make every camper’s week more memorable! Email firstname.lastname@example.org.