Summer staff a a key component to the success of Camp Widjiitiwin every summer. They are the role models for campers and each other. Every summer I see so many of them rise up to take their place as ambassadors for the Kingdom of God at camp.It’s an experience that will shape their future, develop responsibility, build relationships for a lifetime, stretch and grow them and add new skills.
This summer we still need seven male cabin leaders, several SALT cabin leaders, a couple female cabin leaders, a theme queen and media staff, several leadership positions including Sports Area Head and a Co-Program Director.
Benefits for being on staff
- Community of friends
- Team atmosphere
- Leadership experience
- Weekly Bible studies
- Praise and prayer times
- Positive role models and mentors
- Opportunity for personal growth
- Work experience
- Community of Faith
- Room and board provided (as a taxable benefit)
- Use of laundry facilities
- Opportunities to share in others lives
- Staff discounts in the MBC bookstore & Hub
- All that plus a purple staff shirt, fun, good food, big themes and don’t forget the Tuck Shop.
- The spiritual growth of our staff is central to how we structure every day at Widji.
- Pre-breakfast prayer with all Widjiitiwin staff
- Morning camp devos with the camp pastor
- Personal and cabin-wide Bible studies & prayer times
- Leading or helping with cabin devotions
- One-on-one mentoring with a chief cabin leader
- Chapel services Sunday through Friday evenings with our camp pastors
- Sunday morning chapel at MBC with great Bible teacher
- A focus on God’s beautiful creation!
If you know some excellent Christian young people (17+), who would value a summer working at camp, we could use them. Staff applications for #Widji15 are now open online!! Follow this link to start today – https://widjiitiwin.ca/work-widji/. Interviews will start in January. Who will have the first complete application submitted? Ready, set, GO!
Camp Widjiitiwin – the way camp was meant to be… relational, central, natural, reaching out, a loving community focused on Christ. It’s like coming home, it’s my camp!