What to Bring to Camp Checklist
The first day of camp is less than a month away and if you haven’t already made a packing list, we want to remind you about what you should bring to camp.
First a little fun. Check out this list for some crazy stuff kids have brought to other camps and then don’t bring these items to camp – www.packforcamp.com/blogs/first-time-camper/these-are-the-wackiest-items-people-bring-to-camp-according-to-camp-professionals
- ( ) Towels (wash/swim)
- ( ) Toothbrush & Toothpaste
- ( ) Sun Screen (SPF 50 recommended)
- ( ) Soap, Shampoo, Conditioner
- ( ) Comb/Brush
- ( ) Bible
- ( ) Pen/Pencil
- ( ) Notebook
- ( ) Book or comics to read
- ( ) Insect Repellent
- ( ) Flashlight
- ( ) Water Bottle (also available in the Tuck Shop)
Clothes & Shoes
- ( ) Long & Short Sleeved Shirts/Tops
- ( ) Jacket
- ( ) Sweatshirt/Sweater
- ( ) Pants (long & short)
- ( ) Pajamas
- ( ) Socks
- ( ) Underwear
- ( ) Raincoat and/or umbrella
- ( ) Shoes/sandals
- ( ) Hat
- ( ) Boots
- ( ) Swimsuit (one piece only for girls)
- ( ) Camera (marked with your name)
- ( ) Baseball Glove
- ( ) Skateboard + Helmet & Pads
- ( ) Sleeping Bag and/or Sheets/Blankets
- ( ) Pillow
DO NOT BRING!! iPods/CD/DVD or MP3 players, matches or lighters, cell or smart phones, laptops or computer games, gum, knives or other weapons, pellet, BB, or paint ball guns, or TV’s!!
For campers with severe allergies, be sure to bring two Epipens (one to leave with the camp medic and the second to be carried with the camper in a fanny pack.
1. We are a smoke free environment; the only exception is our camp fires!
2. Mark your initials and last name on all personal property. Check out www.widjiitiwin.mabel.ca to help with this
3. Camp Widjiitiwin is not and cannot be responsible for personal belongings. All broken, lost, missing or presumed stolen items are the responsibility of the individual. If you have expensive person property you need to make sure that it is stored safely and securely.
4. Lost items will be kept at Camp Widjiitiwin until September 30th. On or about October 1st everything will be donated to charity.
5. There will be an opportunity to do SALTer laundry only. Please bring sufficient clothing for the duration of your stay.
6. Care should be taken of all personal property. There should be no problem by keeping these things put away (out of reach of others) and if individuals keep to their own belongings.
IF IN DOUBT, LEAVE IT AT HOME!!