This weekend we have Thanksgiving. It’s the one day or weekend we pause long enough to remember all the things we are thankful for. It seems obvious that we should be thankful more than just one day a year. And we are. We give thank for meals, we thank people for holding a door, lending a hand, a nice compliment or some advice. I wonder though how often we thank the people that are important in our lives. I’m thankful for:
- Family: my parents who brought me up to be honourable; my wife of 27 years who loves me; my girls who are growing up too fast; my brothers, who, well, you know
- Friends: there are so many in this group and I don’t want to miss anyone. Sorry if I do; Paul & Sue, Paul & Tanya, Chris & Melissa, Steve & Heather, Michael, Keith & Shawn, Tim & Ellen, Shea & Ruth and so many more!
- Camp: I started at camp as a day camper and I’m still at camp, now as the director. No doubt its in my blood or DNA. I’m thankful for the privilege of leading so many staff over thirty plus years. Camp is an amazing place for lives to be changed for eternity and here on earth too. It promotes growth and the taking of responsibility.
- Leaders/Mentors: I’ll just use mostly first names and if they read this blog I trust that they will know who they are. They are in more or less order, but the neat thing about mentors is lots of times they are in your life through many stages. Thanks to Dad & Mom, Grandpas Greenfield & Copeland, Jack, Mr. Severn, Mr. Enns, Uncle Keith, Peter, Ad, Roman, Ken, John, Greg, Tim, Bruce, Bill, Dan & Dave, Don, Mike, Darrell, Neil, Paul, Peter, Bruce & John
- God: for Jesus as my Saviour, for loving me/us unconditionally, for the Holy Spirit to guide us, for the Bible a book of revealing our creator and Lord; that my girls have God-fearing men in their lives.
There really is so much to be thankful for if we but pause to consider it.
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!