As Thanksgiving approaches, we often pause to think about the things and people we are grateful for. It cased me to wonder, “What is the greatest gift you have ever received?”. I have a few that come to my mind.
- Life by my birth mother, though she could have chosen abortion
- Being adopted at 6 months and receiving love & grace from my loving parents
- Grace from God who gave me salvation in Jesus Christ (I became a Christian at 13 years old at Camp Ambassador)
- A wonderful wife of 33 years who is also forgiving and understanding!!! (so much more than you know)
- 3 beautiful girls (Nicole, Carolyn & Melissa), 2 godly sons-in-law (Tim & Ben) & 3 wonderful grand children (Olivia, Logan & Liam)!
- Not dying from doing stupid things like rock climbing with no harness during high school to name a few. The credit goes to God as He had things for me to do.
- Financial help when needed from many family & friends.
- The church generously being the church when I was unemployed and also during my time of sick leave for post concussion syndrome.
- A variety of Christmas and birthday gifts from family & friends.
- One year my dad gave me my grandpa’s journeyman’s box from the 1920’s.
- Melissa knows I love to watch NCIS (TV show) and gave me a t-shirt with the Gibbs’ rules.
- The girls have a tradition of wrapping up the same hammer for my stocking each year that I stoppled unwrapping it, so the paper grows thicker each year.
- And many more that have been wonderful!
SO, what’s your greatest gift? What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving weekend??