So often we focus on what we are going to GET for Christmas. I also like to give gifts that will be appreciated by the person receiving it. It is a wonderful thing to see their face light up and to hear their gratitude. What are you giving back this Christmas? Who can you help where there is no benefit to you?
Her are a few ideas that come to mind:
- Food for those in need
- Help pay for a load of wood or propane for a family that is struggling to heat their home
- Toys for Tots or a similar program
- Service to someone who cannot do for themselves
- Pack a shoe box for Operation Christmas Child
- Drop your spare change into the Salvation Army kettles
- Spend some time with a senior, or shut in or someone stuck in the hospital this season
- Help at a soup kitchen
- Buy something from the catalogue.worldvision.ca
- Check out The Muskoka Red Sock Initiative
- Give socks to some homeless people. (my oldest daughter does this and we collected a bunch last year for her to distribute)
Give gifts out of gratitude for what Christ has done for you. You may never see the results, but that’s not the point, now is it?