Bob Kobielush, retired camp director of 38 years puts it this way, “Here are two amazing verses of Scripture from the Gospel of John. Jesus said, “If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.” (John 20:23) We are Christ’s agents of forgiveness! Jesus also said, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6) Jesus as the only Way, while considering His followers as critical to the process of knowing Him, caused me to embrace Christian camping.
In this beautiful 24/7 outdoor setting, the Gospel is taught and caught. Here, campers and guests are surrounded by those who model what it is to be a Christian, both in word and deed. The environment becomes pregnant with spiritual birth, growth, and new discoveries.
God uses people to carry out His plan, so your daily activities and encounters with people are critical. They are sacred acts. Today and every day we are God’s hands, feet, eyes, and personality to thousands who need to know Him. Redeemed flesh and blood is God’s preferred way of communicating the Gospel. Don’t pray for opportunities-seize the privileges we already have!”
Our Mission: Camp Widjiitiwin exists to be an ambassador for Christ to children and youth through compelling camp community experiences focused on demonstrating the gospel message through the Word of God, positive relationships and creative interactions. Because of this mission, the spiritual growth of our staff is central to how we structure every day at Widji.
- Pre-breakfast prayer with all Widjiitiwin staff
- Morning devotions with the camp pastor
- Personal and cabin-wide Bible studies & prayer times
- Leading or helping with cabin devotions
- One-on-one mentorship with chief cabin leaders
- Chapel services Sunday through Friday evenings
- A focus on God’s beautiful creation!
Top ten ways to KNOW that YOU belong at CAMP WIDJIITIWIN!!
- You are a fun person and/or enjoy having fun in life.
- You love God and want to help others love Him too.
- You want to make a positive change in this world.
- You are fearless.
- You like people and making awesome friends.
- Costumes and campfires make your life a better place.
- You know what a figure-eight-follow-through is.
- 80% of your clothing has “Widji” on it somewhere.
- You’re “on the ball! Sing-a-long, sing-a-long, sing-a-long!”
- Homesickness? Not a problem. Campsickness? Brutal!!
So, now you know you BELONG here. How do you GET here? Staff applications for #Widji15 are now open online!! Follow this link to start yours today – https://widjiitiwin.ca/work-widji/. Interviews will start in January. Who will have the first complete application submitted? Ready, set, GO!